Monday, May 9, 2011

The Master

Finally making the big come-back to the blogosphere...

Now, with all the end-of-program hard work complete and all graduation-related chaos behind, I can proudly take on the title of a "Master" in International Communication. The past two years weren't easy, but they were more than just exciting and certainly life-changing. For one, I discovered public diplomacy, the subject I ended up focusing on in my studies and hope to continue exploring throughout my Ph.D.-ship at the School of International Service, American U. (Of course, there's the whole debate on whether PD can at all be considered an academic "field" or "discipline", but since the subject is so under-theorized, I think there are many gaps to be filled...)




So, before I made by daily post, I wanted to congratulate my friends, colleagues and schoolmates, as well as all other graduating students around the world. Wishing you all success in all your endeavors!

I also owe a BIG "thank you" to SIS for the Hall of Nations award, which made this experience possible. I wouldn't have been here without it.

Cheers, Masters! :)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks, Faiz :) We'll both start anew in August ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Yalena! Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi yelena
    congratulations
    and i write for you in persian: مبارکه

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ren! My congrats refer to you, too, right? :) Would be great to meet in person some day!

    And Hasan, با تشکر از شما :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!
    Well-deserved degree!!!
    Way to go!!!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Շնորհաւոր, Ելենա: :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Շնորհակալ եմ, Նարեկ! :p

    ReplyDelete